Crock-Pot Cream Cheese Chicken

I am always looking for new recipes to make for my husband and I for dinner and chicken is one of our go-to meals because we both love it and it’s easy to make! I made this Crock-Pot Cream Cheese Chicken recipe last night and after eating a delicious meal, I felt I just had to share!

crock-pot cream cheese chicken

Crock-Pot Cream Cheese Chicken is a creamy blend of cream cheese, chicken broth and cream of chicken soup mixed with a little kick of Italian! My husband and I both thought it was very delicious, and I plan on making it again. Get the recipe below:

Crock-Pot Cream Cheese Chicken

• 3 lbs of chicken breasts
  • 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter (divided)
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped (or 1/4 tsp of garlic powder)
  • 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth

1. Place chicken breasts (frozen or thawed) in crock pot and sprinkle the package of Italian seasoning all over chicken.
  2. Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter over the chicken and then cook on low for 4-6 hours.
  3. An hour before it's ready, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan and saute onion and garlic together. Add the Cream of Chicken Soup, cream cheese, and chicken broth to the pan and stir until it's smooth.
  4. Add the mixture to crock pot and cook on low for another hour.

To view more recipes on Singing Through the Rain, see my recipe list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Like what you see? You should consider leaving a comment or Subscribing via RSS! Although not every comment may get a reply, every single one is read and appreciated. Thank you so much for visiting!

1. Jennifer says

Probably a dumb question but does all the chicken cook thru or would I have to move the pieces around so all get cooked through.. Can you tell I don’t cook much?! Lol! :)

2. Rachael says

I was wondering…. How might this work with just 3 chicken breasts, about 1 lb? I’m only cooking for 2 and was planning on only using one pack of breasts. Planning on making this tomorrow. Thanks!!

3. Monique says

This looks so good. Is your your cream of chicken soup the condensed kind, ex Campbells? I ask because the predominant soup here in England is ready to eat (ie we don’t add extra water). Thanks! :)

4. guesttt says

did you serve this with biscuits? i can’t tell as whatever it is it’s smothered in your amazing looking sauce…i wanted to make this tonight and then i opened my chicken and it had gone bad :( dying to try this recipe!

5. Pam says

This looks really great and I want to try it but I am not a fan of Italian salad dressing mix. Anyone have any ideas of a different way to go with the seasoning?

• says

I think it may be for flavor. I have a recipe that marinates chicken in Italian Dressing, not the package. You then bake or grill using bar-b-que sauce. Sounds weird, but the flavor is unbelievable! I am making Kathryn’s recipe tonight. I didn’t have the package, so I put Italian dressing in the crock pot. I drained it before adding the cream sauce. It’s almost done! I can’t wait to try it! I cooked on high for the same length, and the chicken was tender when I drained.

6. Danielle says

Can I cook it on high for less time? I put it on this morning to run errands and when I got back I hadn’t plugged in my crockpot!! I’m so spacey these days.

7. Nile says

The instructions are to cook for 4-6 hours and then an hour before it’s ready put in the sauce mixture, so would that be at 5 or 3ish hours, put in the sauce and then let it cook for another hour?

• says

It really just depends on your slow cooker. I would want to make sure my chicken was cooked so I would put it in for 4 hours and then add the sauce and cook for another hour. Hope this helps!