Today, I have a wonderful and delicious recipe from a guest poster and fellow military wife – Sarah! She made this recipe and posted it on Facebook and it has gotten almost 300 shares now. She agreed to let me share it here as well. Sarah enjoys playing with recipes to give them her own easy and healthy twist and this one is no exception!
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cubed (1″)
- 6-8 medium skin on red potatoes, cut in 1/2″ cubes
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce (more if you like it HOT)
- 2 c fiesta blend cheese
- 1 c crumbled bacon
- 1 c diced green onion
How to Make:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Add the cubed potatoes and chicken and stir to coat. Carefully scoop the potatoes and chicken into the prepared baking dish..
3. Bake the potatoes and chicken for 55-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, until cooked through, crispy, and browned on the outside. While the potatoes are cooking, fry your bacon (about half a pound).
4. Once the potatoes and chicken are fully cooked, remove from the oven. Top the cooked potatoes with the the cheese, bacon, and green onion. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve With: extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing or sour cream!
Original Recipe From: Cook Lisa Cook
To view more recipes on Singing Through the Rain, see my recipe list!