As I was browsing Pinterest this past weekend looking for some recipes for the week’s meal plan, I came across this recipe for Italian Chicken. Now, if you search Pinterest with the words, “Italian Chicken” many different recipes have come up a lot of which I have made in the past. However, this recipe which I am going to share with you today is the best Italian Chicken I have ever had!
The recipe I’m going to share with you today is adapted from the one I found on Pinterest, but I changed it up a bit because I am not a fan of artichokes and neither is my husband. Instead, I decided to use spinach in place of the artichokes which I feel was a perfect replacement!
The spaghetti is buttered with salt, pepper, and garlic and when joined with the tomatoes makes a perfect ensemble. My husband is not a fan of spinach or tomatoes for that matter and he cleaned his plate in a matter of minutes. This recipe is definitely going to be a new favorite in our house for many years to come.
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- A handful of spinach
- 2 tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- Lots of salt & pepper
- 1/2 - 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbls of flour
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 box of spaghetti
- 2 tbls of butter
- Garlic powder to taste
- Chop up your tomatoes and garlic and throw them in a bowl.
- Tear up your spinach into pieces and put in the bowl.
- Next, add you the olive oil, salt and pepper, sugar and flour. Stir together.
- Put your chicken breasts in an oven-safe baking dish and add the tomato mixture all around.
- Place the dish in the oven at 350 degrees until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is in the oven, cook spaghetti.
- When the chicken is done sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken and place under the broiler under cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Once spaghetti is cooked, add the butter, salt and pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Serve chicken and tomato mixture immediately over spaghetti.